“Eternity will not be long enough to learn all he is, or to praise him for all he has done, but then, that matters not; for we shall always be with him and nothing more.”
“Thou hast formed us for thyself and our hearts are restless until we find thee.”
The only explanation that satisfies a thinking man… God made us for himself.
– What is the chief end of man? To glorify God and enjoy him forever.
Unceasing restlessness experienced because we have broken with God, wretched from the blissful center.
– “The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step.” Lao-Tze Chinese Sage.
“God wills that we would push ourselves into his presence, now that the veil is torn, and live our lives there.”
– “The awful and glorious manifestation of God himself in the holy of holies.”
As God waited in the temple, so he waits today.
– Not presence in “theory”
– Not Presence “positionally”
– But presence “actually.”
We are today satisfied with theory and position when actually experiencing the presence of God with personal experience is the call.
God the father, Jesus the son, Holy Spirit, in constant community and communication.
– Neither confound the persons, nor dividing the substance, all is one, glory equal majesty and eternal together.
Traits of God…
* Eternal- antedates time, independent of it.
– time began and ends with Him.
– he pays no tribute to time, no change.
* Immutable- never changed, can never change.
– change means better to worse or worse to better.
* Omniscient- no past and no future.
– he knows, in one free and effortless act… all matter, spirit, relationships.
* He is… -no limiting or qualifying terms apply to him.
Qualities-Love, Mercy, Righteousness, Holiness
* “so ineffable that no comparisons or figures will avail to express it. Only FIRE, can give a remote conception to it, the presence.
“The highest love of God is not intellectual, *not even physical* it is spiritual.”
To show himself in vanishing fullness to the humble soul and the pure in heart.
Perishing for lack of knowledge of God.
Famishing for want of his presence. Experience.
Hides the face of God from self.
– Doctrines of depravity, predestination, necessity of justification.
– The cross is rough, deadly but effective.
“Eternity will not be long enough to learn all he is, or to praise him for all he has done, but then, that matters not; for we shall always be with him and nothing more.” Tozer
“Ever reminded, I am never far from whence I came, never further than when I began. God is here, has been here, and will be here. I am learning faith and a trust in the almighty, God is good all the time.- boa