Hauled the group to the mall, Porto went with me to Colcci and bought three tshirts from the coolest store in Brazil… if you ever go. Buy in Colcci. It was hilarious. They kept telling Porto and myself that we didn’t look like Christians. Funny, I asked them what “Christians” look like? They just smiled and said, not like you. Christians don’t shop here. I just thought, Maybe you should reconsider Christianity. Porto invited them to church.
2 Timothy 1.6-9
For this reason I remind you to fan into flame the gift of God, which is in you through the laying on of my hands. For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline.
So do not be ashamed to testify about our Lord, or ashamed of me his prisoner. But join with me in suffering for the gospel, by the power of God, who has saved us and called us to a holy life—not because of anything we have done but because of his own purpose and grace. This grace was given us in Christ Jesus before the beginning of time,
– even in chains, even if you are put in PRISON, God is good and God is faithful. Join me in this, Paul says. Take the next step. Follow God. Obedience.
2 Corinthians 12. 9 – My grace is sufficient for you, my power is made perfect in your weakness.
- Love the Lord your God, with all your heart, soul and mind.
- Idols in my life.
- Anything that is before God
- God wants the #1 spot in your life.
- Blessing and Suffering.
- Is there ANY blessing outside of God?
- Is there ANY suffering?
- Beauty from Ashes. Isaiah 61.3
- Share in suffering, that we may also share in His glory. Romans 8.1
- Fellowship of sharing in His sufferings. Philippians 3.10
- By the Spirit, put to death misdeeds of the body, and follow him to freedom from suffering.
- Suffering isn’t even Suffering- in God, with God.
- HE CHOSE SUFFERING for our sins.
- I come here because I live in abundance, I have enough, more than enough, more than I will ever need, but there is something special to how you live here, in the Amazon, that I don’t understand. Something special that I have to learn, for you to show me.
- Take up His cross, and follow Him.