Monday 4.28.08 – On the Amazon River, Brasil with IPM.
Ever spend a full day on a house boat on a river?
There’s a film crew here from Haggai Institute in Atlanta, here to film Claudia, she was on the trip last year, strong woman, great heart for the people. Ken and Tres are their names.
Maylee from Venezuela, here to create a bond between IPM and her church in Venezuela, Spanish speaker.
Dr. Robert from Bolivia, Spanish and Portuguese speaker, he’s committed to two years on the boat, amazing guy.
Other translators are Linda, Lorena, Denny, Deborah, High, and Marcus- the dentist.
We’re traveling all day up river to get to where we’re going. 32 hours total, but even sweating on the boat is better then being in Manaus. It was no threat this time, being in the city first, but it gave us a lot of time to hang and bond some. We await direction on exactly where we’re going.
I pray. I just pray. I as the spirit to give me thoughts and direction and I pray the Lord goes before this boat and makes His name known, for His glory.
Sitting on top of the boat last night, I was reminded of the cruise-ship or battle-ship mentality and I thought about how this might be the closest I could ever imagine to being on a battleship. Though, safe I feel, God is good.
These things make me feel alive and with purpose. Don’t know about Brasil, but I could imagine a short-term mission every six months.
I wait on the Lord for His purposes again. But I pray to Him more for my purpose then His. I just ask that He reveal and that I am glad.
Psalms 27.3-8 (my insights)
3. an army besiege me- my heart will not fear. though war break out against me, even then I will be confident.
4. May I dwell in your house today, may I gaze upon you and see your beauty, may I seek your face in your temple.
6. May I sacrifice with joy.
7. Hear my voice, be merciful.
8. I seek your face.
We went into Itaparanga tonight, met and picked up Pastor Wheeler and his wife, had a service in their church, and funny story. These girls were literally carrying around a video camera during service. They would walk right up in front of my face and film me, and the other Americans. Funny, after service, they ran up… can we get a picture with you? Don’t guess they see too many Americans, and they think movie-star or something… I laugh… Charlesworth comes running out and goes… “Now I know what Stuart feels like.” Ha. Tough life.
Isaiah 55 (thoughts)
2. Why spend money on what is not bread and your labor on what does not satisfy? Listen, listen to me, and eat what is good, and your soul will delight in the richest of fare.
4. I have made him a witness to the peoples, a leader and commander of the peoples.
5. Summon rations you know not and nations that do not know you will hasten to you.
8. “For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are my ways your ways.” – as the heavens are higher than the earth… sins separated as far as the east is from the west.
12. Go out in joy, be led out in peace, the mountains and hills will burst into song before you, trees will clap their hands.
13. For the Lord’s renown.